Niederlahnstein, part of the town of Lahnstein since 1969, has the oldest gallery church in the Middle Rhine Area, the Romanesque St. John’s Church (Johanniskirche) which was built from 950 onwards and redesigned with alternations added in 1130. The east tower caved in 1844. The nave burnt down in 1794. The reconstruction was done in 1856.
hours of operation
daily open from 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.