There is some evidence that Montabaur had its own vineyard at the foot of Humbach Castle, which is one explanation for the name of this part
of the town. (Rebstock =vine). Up to the time of the Nazi persecution many Jews lived in the "Vorderer- und Hinterer Rebstock". They were often
merchants or cattle traders. Vorderer Rebstock 26 housed the congregation’s prayer room until 1889 when a synagogue was built in the Wallstraße.
TIP: Step into the ”Hinterer Rebstock”. Some of the old houses there are decorated with beautiful carvings, paintings and inscriptions.
Phone(0049) 2602 126777